The impetus for this site is a course requirement for INF13010: Introduction to Reference at the University of Toronto. Furthermore, in both my undergrad and my graduate degrees I became interested in the history of religion specifically with western conceptions on mysticism, occultism and esotericism. Unfortunately there are very few departments in North America that take the time to examine these areas in depth. However, I managed to collect a fair amount of resources that were useful for my studies. Using the syllabi collected by Societas Magica I developed this resource guide for students from the higher levels of the undergrad process to the early stages of graduate research.
In this guide you will find:
- Writing and Citing guides.
- Dictionaries and Encyclopedias.
- Important Journals for the study of Western Esotericism
- Library of Congress Classifications.
- Online primary source reference.
- Online secondary source reference.
If you have a reference question about something you are studying please use the form below.